Arrow comes on in less than 15 minutes. Who’s going to come and live tweet with me @arrowcast.
This is an excerpt of a reply to a post I made about 4 weeks ago. I’ve struck through the stuff that has already happened (or didn’t).
Here is what she will be loaded up with this season from what I have gleamed from spoilers and i think could possibly happen:
Dealing with grief from the death of Tommy
Dealing with guilt knowing that Tommy died saving her.
Having to get a new job, because she lost her old job.
Her lover - Oliver disappears for 5 months and then reappears.
Her father has been demoted again after trying to save the city.
Has to hunt down the vigilante.
- Her new work colleague may not all that he seems ->
- Has to prosecute her lover’s mother on major crimes -> possibly death sentence. (coming up)
- Her presumed dead sister Sara will reappear.
- There has been hints of “Lisa” character, a lover of Oliver (Sara) - -» hoping that Oliver doesn’t sleep with Sara again - we will have that story line pop up again. (really stupid writing if they do)
- Assumed - her sister will die some time during season 2 (perhaps Ep4/5)
She will be captured by an escaped prisoner her father put away - who plans to murder her -> but if this story is aligned with the well known GA&BC comic story -> then she may also be tortured / badly beaten -> Canary Cry?
- Does she find out about Oliver’s dark secret -> and the lies she has been fed by him?
It would appear she is in conflict with Oliver and her father.
She will have a substance abuse problem —> will she overdose? (God I would have hit the bottle probably after Tommy died, so who could blame her).
- Add to the fact, it looks Tommy’s dad Malcolm the architect of all the destruction survived - so maybe he is back for some revenge action on Oliver and Laurel?
- Did I miss something?
So yeah you are right Marc, you have loaded he up with a lot in Season 2, and this only the first 7 or so episodes. She might be up for an Emmy for all this dramatic work.
While Oliver has lots of people surrounding him and supporting him, who does Laurel have? No one, I can’t even see Joanna listed - which I wish she was. So I am not expecting many smiles from Laurel / Katie - which is a shame because she has a beautiful smile and laugh.
Well if she doesn’t need a stiff drink after all that, I know I do. Cheers.
And so the drama continues…
Then add these story lines that have also happened:
- Ep 2.01 In the season opener, the party she is at is attacked by copy cat vigilantes. She wards off one attacker only to have another one make her kneel before him, who aims a gun at her face and fires the gun, however only the gun barrel is empty,
- Ep 2.03 A masked woman breaks into her office at work, to rescue ARROW when she has cornered him with a 10 man swat team. Subjected to a piercing sound.
- Ep 2.03 Her father is arrested for obstruction, which she has to try and pull a favour to get the charges dropped.
- Ep 2.04 Her boss hits on her at a dinner after work.
- Ep 2.04 After having perhaps too many drinks (or did she?), she is pulled over for DUI by dirty copy -> will this lead to blackmail
- Her father calls her up on her drinking, so does Oliver.
- Ep 2.05 League of Assassins - looks like assassins enter her apartment and target her and perhaps her father because of Sara Lance’s refusal to go back.
I wonder what else is in store for Laurel Lance in the coming episodes before Christmas break. Who knows?